Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless router drops internet with incoming phone calls  (Read 3505 times)

galensears

Wireless router drops internet with incoming phone calls
« on: January 06, 2010, 09:27:34 AM »
I have a d link dir655 wireless n router and a Panasonic DECT 6.0 wireless phone system. With incoming calls the router will disconnect from the internet and it will take several minutes after the call to reconnect. My understanding is that with DECT 6.o technology I shouldn't get wireless interference. Can someone please give me an idea of what to do? Thanks.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Wireless router drops internet with incoming phone calls
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 10:05:09 AM »
 Well, to be quite frank, I'm not sure of what I should say at this point. I have DSL with my local phone company and it's the pits.
It took a long time to get it straightened out and one of the problems I ran across was the phone company would want me to pay them extra money to maintain the wiring in my house. I felt that was completely unnecessary, I put the wiring in myself and I am capable of fixing it.
Anyhow, here's what I eventually did. I ran wire from the post outside of my house into the side of the house in my laundry room. That's the shortest link to the inside of the house. At that point I put in a filter and I put the modem on a little shelf in the laundry room. Tthe filter would split the signal between the DSL modem and the phone lines in the rest of the house. That way all the rest of the phones in the house did not have to have filters, because I had placed a splitting filter right at the point where the phone line comes into the house. This way the DSL modem has a much shorter length of phone wire from the house to the post outside the house. It works pretty good that way, but still sometimes the telephone company has problems with their lines.
But presently, my DSL keeps on working even when the phone starts acting up. So they did eventually get a very good DSL signal out here, but unfortunately the rest of the phone system is still not very good.
You might even consider getting another phone line just for the DSL. That would seem to be overkill, but there might be some other reason you could justify a second phone in the house. The second phone would not have to be hooked up to all the wiring in your house. You coul   have it for just you home office.
Anyway, I just wanted to say that if you keep hounding them but eventually will fix it. But you should not have to pay more money. The downside is that the original modem they sold you probably is not any good. So you may have to just bite the bullet and buy a decent modem.
I hope this is of some help.  :)