Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cable Data  (Read 3493 times)

x_and_r

Topic Starter

Cable Data
    « on: January 04, 2010, 08:43:07 PM »
    guy's check out my web site
    i made some photo how to make cable data straight or cross

http://kuliner-yuk.com/?p=271

drivenbywhat

Beginner

Re: Cable Data
      « Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 12:38:03 PM »
      This isn't a question. No offense but if you type "how to make a crossover cable" you will get tons of sites. So advertising your site doesn't help...
      If you think the number of posts you have coincides with your status you are wrong. If you put guru under experience you are a noob. If your post doesn't help the requester and only starts a flame war think before replying. If you are moderator and contribute to these things you should have your privileges revoked.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 01:09:06 PM »
      Yeah, not a good post by the OP. Let's Hijack this.   8)

Some newer routers don't care, you can use either kind of cable.
      The crossover is only needed when you tie two PCs together without  a router or hub. And it you ever have to make a crossover cable for a temporary use, just cut into an old price of patch cable and transpose just two pair of wires. Sloppy. but it works for a temporary absolution to a problem. For the cost of the crimp tool and the other stuff you would need to do a neat job, just buy or trade for  and old hub at a flea market.
      Now here is something yo might not know. For 100mps Ethernet you can use the spare wires to supply low voltage power or use them for a telephone, intercom or some kind of remote control device. Just avoid high frequency or high voltage. Of the four pairs, only two are really needed for actual data. I use one pair for a telephone extension to my barn. (My 'Office' is in the barn.) I am thinking about what I could do with the other pair. Any ideas?

drivenbywhat

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 01:15:50 PM »
        A second phone line  ;D.
        If you think the number of posts you have coincides with your status you are wrong. If you put guru under experience you are a noob. If your post doesn't help the requester and only starts a flame war think before replying. If you are moderator and contribute to these things you should have your privileges revoked.