Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Scanner  (Read 2790 times)

thedot

Topic Starter

Scanner
    « on: January 17, 2010, 06:43:06 PM »
    Sorry to beat a dead dog, but I am going crazy here. My Epson Scanner Perfection 1260 Series/1660 Photo
    will not let me download it on my new computer..Vista.
    I need a new Scanner Software disc that is compatible with Vista. What do Io do.
    I made the mistake of trying to use the Scanner Software that came with the scanner and now I can't get rid of it. When I try to uninstall, I get an 'Catastrophic error' report.

cruisin702

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Experience: Experienced

thedot

Topic Starter

Re: Scanner
      « Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 12:27:50 PM »
      I have tried that Download Driver, but it didn't work. What I need is new software that will let me install
      my Epson Perfection 1260Series/1660 Photo Scanner..that is compatible with Vista.
      The Scanner Software Disc that I have is not compatible with Vista and will not install it.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 12:56:34 PM »
      I have tried that Download Driver, but it didn't work...
      If this doesn't work, then you'll have to take the issue up with Epson.

Windows 7 32-bit Edition compatible, Windows Vista 32-bit Edition
      epson12242.exe - 6.9MB - posted on 03/23/07

This self-extracting file contains the Epson TWAIN 5 Driver v5.71A for Windows Vista 32-bit Edition. This file extracts to your hard drive and is placed in C:\EPSON\epson12242_twain5_driver_571a.
      Installation instructions:
      1.Double-click the downloaded file.
      2.Click "Continue" in the "User Account Control" dialog box.
      3.Click "Install this driver software anyway" in the "Windows Security" dialog box.
      4.Click "Locate and install driver software (recommended)" in the "Found New Hardware" dialog box.
      Notes:
      •A TWAIN compliant Windows Vista 32-bit supported scanning application is required.
      •The buttons on the scanner and the HELP functionality in this driver are not supported in Windows Vista.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 12:58:07 PM »
      If you have Vista 64 bit you may be out of luck. Plenty of hardware, scanners, printers, etc is not getting 64 bit drivers. Also even if you have 32 bit Vista, that driver, quote...

# Notes:  A TWAIN compliant Windows Vista 32-bit supported scanning application is required.
      # The buttons on the scanner and the HELP functionality in this driver are not supported in Windows Vista.

cruisin702

Hopeful

• Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 09:53:29 PM »
      •A TWAIN compliant Windows Vista 32-bit supported scanning application is required.
      •The buttons on the scanner and the HELP functionality in this driver are not supported in Windows Vista.
      Sorry, I just saw Vista 32-bit . I didn't read down to see this.