Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Welcome 2 the NOOB  (Read 10068 times)

scottisaNOOB

Topic Starter

Rookie

Welcome 2 the NOOB
    « on: January 19, 2010, 05:20:22 PM »
    Actually the only computer I have ever owned has been 1 that I built from 'spare parts.  Since then I have built myself 3 more and aslo 1 for my Dad.  Usually I upgrade about once a year if the money is there.  Mostly just things like more RAM or a better video card.  Everything has gone better than expected until my latest box had a motherboard issue.  It's really helpful to have forums to go to in search of similar problems with computers.

My box isn't anything special:
    Ultra 650w psu
    fried motherboard(next 1 is going to be a Gigabyte)
    XFX 8800 Alphadog Video
    3g Kingston Hyper 'X' RAM
    400g HDD SATA
    FDD
    DVD burner/player
    pci wireless card

It's fun to build it myself and learn so much in the process.  I would like to be considered for membership in the SBCC.

scottisaNOOB

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Welcome 2 the NOOB
      « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 05:30:42 PM »
      sorry I forgot a couple things I thought I should add......mostly insignificant:
      Processor is an AMD 4200 dual-core
      OS is XP PRO
      and I have 2 90mm Blue led fans
      and 1 120mm Blue fan  (thermaltake)
      Raidmax tower sure looks cool at night(although it's torn apart right now and on the floor)

When I get it up and running again I will post some shots.  I really like it.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Computer Hope
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 12:13:21 PM »
      Looks good and for working with and building your own PC I think you can take yourself out of the "NOOB" category. ;) I've got your profile updated with the SBCC icon.
      Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
      -Albert Einstein

scottisaNOOB

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 03:50:57 PM »
        Ha Ha well thanks for the vote of confidence but I know that I'm really far behind the curve when it come to computers.  I have so much more to learn!  Thank you for adding me to the club!