Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New Computer Hope member rating  (Read 24333 times)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
New Computer Hope member rating
« on: June 29, 2005, 12:56:50 AM »
After receiving requests from some of the Computer Hope users we have changed our high member group from “Computer Hope God” to “Computer Hope Expert”. Therefore the member groups are now setup as the following.

Computer Hope Newbie < 50 posts
Computer Hope Junior Member 50+ posts
Computer Hope Full Member 100+ posts
Computer Hope Senior Member 250+ posts
Computer Hope Expert 500+ posts

If any of our members have any additional comments about this change please feel free to post those comments here.

Note: Any previous posts made from a "Computer Hope God" will still be displayed with this ranking. This change will only affect future posts.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 12:58:29 AM by admin »
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

merlin_2

Re: New Computer Hope member rating
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 02:50:52 AM »
We were wondering if you could just use the star rating.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 03:08:14 AM »
Merlin, let us not stress the good man too much! ;D

Much obliged, moderator.

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 04:20:15 AM »
We were wondering if you could just use the star rating.

As I'm catching up with everything I am trying to bring more features as well as help into the forums, so tell you what if enough people just want the stars and no type of named rating I'll see if I can set that up.

Thanks for the feedback and even though I'm pretty busy I always try to make as much time as possible for all the forum users that spend so much of their time helping other users.

p.s. Don't think I've forgotten all your requests either Raptor (still have them all saved and on the todo list).  ;D
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 04:53:07 PM »
    OM Gosh .........Now I'm an expert ...........Is that anything like a "Jack of All Trades" and master of none ?

Cheers

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 09:45:56 PM »
      You want feedback?
      I'm a compulsive neatness freak, fix up the forum spelling mistakes.  :D

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
        • Yes
      « Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 03:24:50 PM »
      ... And the messy desktop... lol   (kidding)  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
      • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Computer Hope
      « Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 06:49:51 AM »
      I'm still trying work something out for the spellchecker as mentioned elsewhere. So for the time being unfortunately you will have to continue to deal with the spelling errors. One thing to also realize is that even if there is a spell checker that doesn't mean people will use it.

... And the messy desktop... lol   (kidding)  ;)

/me cries

I like my desktop just the way it is.  :P
      -Albert Einstein

Raptor

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 07:17:19 AM »
      One thing to also realize is that even if there is a spell checker that doesn't mean people will use it.

tats rite i tink my spelin is v.god

Joleen

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 05:22:14 AM »
      I think the spelling is referring more to the forum main page with the headings.

Computer Programming
      Section dedicated to questions reguarding computer programming.
      Moderator: Computer Hope Admin

I know we've discussed this before CHA but it's regarding not reguarding *unless you're guarding the forum again*.

You can't force users to spell properly but you should be able to take care of your own stuff.

merlin_2

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 05:44:48 PM »
      Can i please have the stars....to save the grief......

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
      « Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 06:51:57 PM »
      You know Merlin... This is a suggestion... But... Why not just E-Mail Admin?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Raptor

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2005, 05:58:53 AM »
      Yes, perhaps you can sell him a talking tombstone!

merlin_2

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 04:24:12 PM »
      Its an hologram tombstone/headstone.....and the idea may make someone  a fortune!.....all ideas get mocked!
      « Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 04:27:05 PM by merlin_2 »

uisquebeathus

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2005, 09:20:49 AM »
      Hi
      I am labled a newbie which is really good at my age and as such i have over 12 years of IT, Computer and Network experience in offices and factories all over Scotland, I was in an accident and can only do a very limited amount of physical work.I like to go into forums to help others as well as keep my old brain going, what gets me sometimes is the smug knowitall answers that often appear and they often dont give any helpful answers, have the so called experts forgotten when they were starting in IT and had to ask questions themselves?

Raptor

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2005, 10:39:07 AM »
      Such posts are only exciting when names are mentioned. Please do so.  :)

merlin_2

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2005, 12:35:56 PM »
      As i have already stated........the expert title no one deserves.....as no one will live long enough!so the star rating will surfice:Thanks for reading  this woe!....
      « Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 12:41:26 PM by merlin_2 »

squirrel

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2005, 07:09:39 AM »
      I kind of like the ratings the way they are--both words AND stars!!! :) :) :)

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #18 on: August 10, 2005, 07:27:06 AM »
      I would scrap the system all together. Longevity does not always equal quality.

If I were posting a question, I would prefer a quality, workable solution from a "Newbie" rather than an non-responsive, off-topic, political rant from an "Expert".

Just my 2˘ worth.
      The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

Raptor

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2005, 07:31:10 AM »
      I do not bother with politics. But I'll gladly rant on about morales. anything ;)
      « Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 07:31:37 AM by Raptor »

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
        « Reply #20 on: August 10, 2005, 08:27:08 AM »
        ....rather than an non-responsive, off-topic, political rant from an "Expert".

Sidewinder, I'm shocked! That would NEVER happen here ! ;)
        « Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 08:27:30 AM by DabbaDoo »
        There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you don’t mind who gets the credit.

merlin_2

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2005, 02:59:03 PM »
        I stick with sidewinder and my views......great minds think alike.....

oO_N00B_Oo

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2005, 11:19:53 AM »
        hello... my nnames jack, and as my display name implies im a newb with computers...well building them that is.  i recently purchased enought parts to build a computer...after a few days me and my friend ( who had built his own comp in the past) got mine together... we had a lil trouble when we powered up because when we did the power would only last a little bit but we managed to get by that problem... but late last night when we got the monitor all set up and we powered up the system nothing appeared on the screen...this was a little discouraging... i reallly nedd help...so please if ane of u have advice, please helpp me out... thanx

Raptor

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2005, 12:27:58 PM »
        Create a new topic and explain your problem in full.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2005, 12:07:18 PM »
        ... the member groups are now setup as the following.

Computer Hope Newbie < 50 posts
        Computer Hope Junior Member 50+ posts
        Computer Hope Full Member 100+ posts
        Computer Hope Senior Member 250+ posts
        Computer Hope Expert 500+ posts

If any of our members have any additional comments about this change please feel free to post those comments here...

Personally, i don't consider my experience & knowledge to be on par with Raptor, Merlin, DL65 and others.  

I thought it was too easy to reach 500 posts in a short amount of time.  I'm probably in the minority, but i'd like to suggest adding a zero to the end of the requirements.  Hence:

Computer Hope Newbie < 500 posts
        Computer Hope Junior Member 500+ posts
        Computer Hope Full Member 1000+ posts
        Computer Hope Senior Member 2500+ posts
        Computer Hope Expert 5000+ posts

Of course, this still doesn't reflect reality, for folks like Sidewinder, FED and many others show a great deal of knowledge but do not post as frequently (or have not been posting as long).   However, this would give the recognition due to those who are pillars of the forum.  This would also give some members a greater sense of accomplishment at reaching Expert, or perhaps more incentive to stick with the forum longer.  (I hate to see people like M_2 leave.)

Just something to think about!
        Doc

yourfateissealed

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2005, 01:44:26 PM »
        Well...

I am by no means an expert...

I just give suggestions, and give definate answers when I can.  That makes me feel like a member of this community...

Its not all about ratings or post counts :-/

I wouldnt care if it said I was an expert or a newbie...besides...if i post enough, it will say I am an expert...and we know that I am not (as stated above)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2005, 02:04:58 PM »
          People..........

Why do some of you get all wrapped around the axle over how the the posters are "rated" ..........

I suppose that if your the kind of person who likes to see ........... Themselves being refered to as something they aren't then .....those people might get a rush or whatever .
          But , in reality ......who cares ........it matters not if we the posters are given gold stars , are refered to as "Newbies " or "Experts" or are somewhere in between .
          The people who come to this forum looking for resolve to some issue they have , could care less at how someone is "rated" or how many posts they have.......THAT ....doesn't mean squat.  It's workable answers or fixes they're looking for.
          So here's a novel idea .........stop sweating the things that don't matter and focus on the things that do .........
          AND the last time I checked , it was about trying to help people with their issues .........That's computer related.

Enough said.........

« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 02:06:46 PM by dl65 »

yourfateissealed

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2005, 02:09:55 PM »
          People..........

Why do some of you get all wrapped around the axle over how the the posters are "rated" ..........

I suppose that if your the kind of person who likes to see ........... Themselves being refered to as something they aren't then .....those people might get a rush or whatever .
          But , in reality ......who cares ........it matters not if we the posters are given gold stars , are refered to as "Newbies " or "Experts" or are somewhere in between .
          The people who come to this forum looking for resolve to some issue they have , could care less at how someone is "rated" or how many posts they have.......THAT ....doesn't mean squat.  It's workable answers or fixes they're looking for.
          So here's a novel idea .........stop sweating the things that don't matter and focus on the things that do .........
          AND the last time I checked , it was about trying to help people with their issues .........That's computer related.

Enough said.........

You Rule.

Raptor

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2005, 02:49:46 PM »
          When if I grow up I want to be just like you.

Samuel

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2005, 11:39:08 PM »
          People..........

Enough said.........

You hit the nail right on the head, dl. This site would be a lot more enjoyable and helpful if some of these "experts" remembered that. How many of them would still be here if we got rid of the stars and stopped showing the post counts?

Raptor

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2005, 07:14:25 AM »
          This site would be a lot more enjoyable and helpful if some of these "experts" remembered that. How many of them would still be here if we got rid of the stars and stopped showing the post counts?

And you somehow think your arrogant post will make us 'behave' better?

You are very ill-mannered and have made yourself unwelcome in my eyes. No help for you, Samuel.

The administrator should close this topic as positive ideas are met with negative thoughts. Go vote on Bush if you want something destructive to do but stay out of my backyard.

Samuel

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2005, 08:39:36 AM »
          It's funny that I didn't mention anyone by name and you took it personally anyway. I guess it hits a little close to home. Thanks for proving my point. So how is the view from that ivory tower.

You call me arrogant? Stay out of YOUR backyard? What a sad, sorry little man you are. You may spend way too much of your time here, perhaps something's missing from your life. You are just a member here, no better or worse than anyone else. Stop acting like some sort of gatekeeper. You are the unwelcome one. Take a hike.

You have a lot of growing up to do.

Raptor

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2005, 08:57:19 AM »
          It's funny that I didn't mention anyone by name and you took it personally anyway. I guess it hits a little close to home. Thanks for proving my point. So how is the view from that ivory tower.

Proven your point? Far from it.

It's arrogant people like you who actually make it more difficult for us to respond in a nice manner. I come here to help, not listen to people bullshitting about members with a high post count and having us told by a one-time poster about how exactly we have to behave.

Just who do you think you are? There are only very few regular posters with a high post count. I am one of them. How can I not feel offended when you take a jab at all of them? Am I somehow supposed to probe your mind and filter out my name from the rest? Oh, wait, humans weren't born with that ability.

You call me arrogant? Stay out of YOUR backyard? What a sad, sorry little man you are. You may spend way too much of your time here, perhaps something's missing from your life. You are just a member here, no better or worse than anyone else. Stop acting like some sort of gatekeeper. You are the unwelcome one. Take a hike.  

I am the unwelcome one? Oh, that's funny. That's not what I hear when someone's glad that I have posted a suggestion that may have resolved their problem. They usually seem to be happy I was around.

But since you never had any computer issues to resolve, you can't say anything about that. You just registered to complain. You're probably some bored 15 year old who thinks he can handle the world by the age of 14.

perhaps something's missing from your life

Me, you and a double barreled shotgun pointing at your throat. Want to get it on? Leave me you adress, if you live close by I might grace you with a visit to show exactly how much time of my life I spend here.

People like you really make my blood boil. Get a life. Stop complaining, no one gives a rats *censored*.
          « Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 08:58:08 AM by Raptor »

Samuel

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2005, 09:08:36 AM »
          Me, you and a double barreled shotgun pointing at your throat.

So we have a verbal dispute, and you wish me dead? Sure, that's rational. Careful, everybody, don't disagree with Raptor or he'll threaten to come over to your house and kill you.

Raptor

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2005, 09:20:37 AM »

So we have a verbal dispute, and you wish me dead? Sure, that's rational. Careful, everybody, don't disagree with Raptor or he'll threaten to come over to your house and kill you.

You never disagreed with me, you slandered me. A coward like you would never understand. Better let it rest before you make more of a fool out of yourself.

By the way, Log-out button's over there. Top right corner. I'm going to be here for a long time. Question is; will you be able to put up with that?
          « Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 09:21:47 AM by Raptor »

Samuel

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2005, 09:30:05 AM »
          Oh, well that's different. Pardon me everybody -

Don't slander Raptor or he'll threaten to come over to your house and kill you.

Raptor

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2005, 09:46:25 AM »
          Oh, well that's different. Pardon me everybody -

Don't slander Raptor or he'll threaten to come over to your house and kill you.

That's a good one. Hold on, let me add that to my signature.

R0SS

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2005, 12:29:32 PM »
          LOL nice sig Raptor.

Now im think the tags should say, You see Samul here has the NOOB tag witch he clearly is because he is just creating a un-happy feel with the group of Regulars.

I only know Raptor from this fourm but i think the man  is genius! You are in no place to have a go at him. I admit that his little bit on saying "No help for you" is extream but the rest he cool with. The Shotgun bit was a joke you see if you were not a Noob with a loud mouth and came here a lot you would see that Raptor is full of them.

R0SS

"Remain calm" 8)

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
            « Reply #38 on: September 12, 2005, 03:50:34 PM »
            Why someone gets annoyed while good work appreciated?
            I am here to solve my problems and help if I can(that happens rare ;) and feel very good when got answered , especially by Experts.
            I would increase the number of posts as pcdoc4christ says to see who deserves it. I can be an expert just posting my problems every minute.

Ross you right! I always enjoy Raptor's jokes.
            Last ones was great ;D

ps:I tried to pay attention to my spelling as you complain about it. Here, in my country few people speak English. I am just trying :)
            Computer Hope: Rise of the Machines!

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2005, 06:40:31 PM »
            Well said, DL.

Thanks for the laugh, Raptor.

:D

R0SS

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2005, 01:10:58 PM »
            ps:I tried to pay attention to my spelling as you complain about it. Here, in my country few people speak English. I am just trying  :)

Scotland?  :D

R0SS

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
              « Reply #41 on: September 15, 2005, 10:42:02 AM »

Scotland?  :D

R0SS

LOL! I really enjoyed it.
              No I'm not.

R0SS

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2005, 11:13:04 AM »
              Im from Scotland lol

:D

R0SS

GX1_Man

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2005, 07:02:47 PM »
              Raptor,

By the way, did you ever go over to Samuel's house and kill him? I haven't seen any more posts lately from him.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Raptor

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2005, 06:58:53 AM »
              Sorry, my lawyer told me not to disclose any sensitive information.

merlin_2

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2005, 05:15:15 PM »
              May the rating system  should be scrapped.........and the members list stay......all amoungst equals.....

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
              • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
                • Yes
                • Yes
                • Computer Hope
              « Reply #46 on: October 12, 2005, 06:00:45 PM »
              Just a FYI this concept of member posts/ratings is still being thought about. Have users who like the ratings and those that don't. Have users who like the new ranking names and those that don't. Therefore I'm just trying to come up with or think about a solution that both sides will like.
              -Albert Einstein

GX1_Man

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2005, 07:13:31 PM »
              I like it. That's my vote.

Fed

• Sage
                • Experience: Experienced
                « Reply #48 on: October 13, 2005, 12:40:02 AM »
                I want big stars like Admin.  ;)

R0SS

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2005, 06:03:23 PM »
                i like it as it is.

R0SS

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
                « Reply #50 on: October 23, 2005, 11:44:35 AM »
                Just an opinion Admin, but... I say that you make the forum regulars maybe... Moderators?  :-/  I mean, we usually see things that need to be fixed, but we always have to E-Mail you, and you might not be able to respond for a while... Just a thought.  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Mac

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2005, 05:58:55 AM »
                Just going over this again.

Maybe you would loose the prefix 'Computer Hope' and just go up to Full Member / Senior Member

To tidy up the posts losing the Re: on all replies would make things look smarter, as would serious message icons and serious Avatars.

Losing the Edit time would be a BIG help as I nearly always have to edit something.

And could I ask you to delete the follow on post from my moving signature please?

THIS ONE from Chaswnda

(One day I - WILL - shoot those smileys!)
                « Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 06:02:04 AM by Mac »

GX1_Man

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2005, 07:59:24 AM »
                 :D :D :D :D :D :o :D :D :D :D

For you, Mac!

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
                « Reply #53 on: November 02, 2005, 03:40:57 PM »
                Just an opinion Admin, but... I say that you make the forum regulars maybe... Moderators?  :-/  I mean, we usually see things that need to be fixed, but we always have to E-Mail you, and you might not be able to respond for a while... Just a thought.  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Can we think about this one too maybe?  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

R0SS

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2005, 03:19:41 PM »
                yes i think that's a good idea flame. :)

I also have another idea.

Why not make a General Talk Forum because Merlin loves posting threads that have nothing to do with computing and well i love posting replies to them.?

just a idea, What does everyone else think?

R0SS

GX1_Man

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2005, 03:22:42 PM »
                Or just a Merlin forum where he can ramble at will. (But he would have to stay contained there!)

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
                  « Reply #56 on: November 03, 2005, 06:24:40 PM »
                  Or just a Merlin forum where he can ramble at will. (But he would have to stay contained there!)

Don't tease me.

patio

• Genius
                  • Maud' Dib
                    • Yes
                  • Experience: Beginner
                  « Reply #57 on: November 04, 2005, 02:55:32 PM »

Don't tease me.

:D :D :D  ;)

patio  8)
                  " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Dell4700

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2005, 11:38:39 AM »
                  Seriously, anyone who contributes as much time as a member or more should be able to call themselves... whatever they wish (most of you)

Less seriously:

Ashaman (male - able to wield the one power)
                  Soldier (senior Ashaman)
                  Aes Sedai (female - able to wield the one power)
                  Accepted (mid-level Aes Sedai trainee)
                  Novice (junior Aes Sedai trainee)
                  Coramoor (legendary good guy)
                  He Who Comes With The Dawn (another name for legedary good guy),
                  etc.
                  And for the Top Spot -
                  [glb]The Dragon Reborn[/glb] (the goodest guy hisself - will fight the last battle against the Dark One at Shayul Ghul)

Dell [nooby]
                  -------------------------------
                  Please Help!  I ate a doughnut and now my spell check won't work.

Details:  chocolate, w. coffee, ~6:AM PST.
                  I disassembled my PC and replaced my MB, but the coffee still taste bad.  Help!

R0SS

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2005, 02:01:21 PM »
                  I'm guessing your into the whole Iraq thing :-X

R0SS

Raptor

« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2005, 02:11:21 PM »
                  Does anyone understand what Dell was talking about?

R0SS

« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2005, 02:15:02 PM »
                  Beats the *censored* out of me buddy. 8)

R0SS

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
                    « Reply #62 on: November 16, 2005, 02:25:13 PM »
                    Hey. NOW will somebody show me the secret handshake?

Dell4700

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2005, 04:04:10 PM »
                    Less seriously:

Hmmmm...

Okay, sorry.  Just needed more coffee and some humor.

The ratings are character types from the series "The Wheel Of Time" written by Robert Jordan.  http://www.tor.com/jordan/media.html

Highly recommended if you enjoy Sci-Fi/Fantasy

And, all seriousness aside:
                    Please Help!  I ate a doughnut and now my spell check won't work.

Thanks for the 8742 replies, but I solved the problem.  My cat took a nap on my keyboard while I was in the kitchen.

Dell

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
                    « Reply #64 on: November 16, 2005, 04:39:11 PM »
                    Is that you Merlin?  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Raptor

« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2005, 05:25:37 AM »
                    Wow, hold on, I can recite the I must not fear poem from my head, but that's way too geeky, Dell.

R0SS

« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2005, 10:35:55 AM »
                    Merlin!

hows it going mate.

R0SS

Raptor

« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2005, 10:46:35 AM »
                    Wait! Don't answer that! We don't care! Go away!

R0SS

« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2005, 02:48:04 PM »
                    Some of us liked Merlin!

Her helped me many times.

R0SS

Dell4700

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2005, 07:06:20 PM »
                     :) :) :) Okay, lol, I'll take the bait...
                    - nope not Merlin :) :) :)

What's a Merlin?

Dell

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
                    « Reply #70 on: November 17, 2005, 07:41:38 PM »
                    A long time user who got banned.

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Dell4700

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2005, 08:48:04 PM »
                    And to the Flame,

Are you suggesting I should be banned?

Or are you just trying to insult me?

Dell

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
                      « Reply #72 on: November 18, 2005, 04:32:24 AM »
                      Is that you Merlin?  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Flame, you are so suspicious. Don't strain the relations with own inventions  ;D

You were supposing me Merlin once  :D

I always welcome Merlin! ;)

R0SS

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2005, 08:44:36 AM »
                      is that you merlin?

LOL

RoSS

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
                        « Reply #74 on: November 18, 2005, 10:50:13 AM »
                        is that you merlin?

LOL

RoSS

LOL!
                        Some of us liked Merlin!

Her helped me many times.

R0SS

Is that you Merlin?

I became a merlinist today.

;D
                        « Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 10:58:37 AM by peccavi »

R0SS

« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2005, 03:40:21 PM »
                        LOL,

Oh the joys,  :)

R0SS

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
                        « Reply #76 on: November 18, 2005, 06:18:10 PM »
                        And to the Flame,

Are you suggesting I should be banned?

Or are you just trying to insult me?

Dell

Neither. Just a joke that apparently went right past you  :-/

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Dell4700

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2005, 09:14:26 PM »
                        Neither. Just a joke that apparently went right past you

Okay.  I'm new.  I'll learn.

Dell

Raptor

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2005, 07:23:38 AM »
                        You people make me cry myself to sleep every night.  :'(

patio

• Genius
                        • Maud' Dib
                          • Yes
                        « Reply #79 on: November 21, 2005, 09:14:21 AM »
                        You people make me cry myself to sleep every night.  :'(

At least you get sleep... :D

patio.  8)

R0SS

« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2005, 03:34:47 PM »
                        Admin if your there i think you read this thread.

if So could you unban Merlin. He is helping with a lot of stuff.

I am sure i am not the only one who thinks he should be allowed back (other make your views known here in this sticky thread so it wont move away lol)

Thanks for your time.

R0SS

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
                        • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
                          • Yes
                          • Yes
                          • Computer Hope
                        « Reply #81 on: November 30, 2005, 03:34:57 PM »
                        ROSS Reguarding  your post about Merlin. See the below thread:

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=12;action=display;num=1133039094

Go easy on the new users too everyone. :)

p.s. Dell is not Merlin.
                        -Albert Einstein

R0SS

« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2005, 12:49:43 PM »
                        Ok Admin i understand the story now.

R0SS

Joleen

« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2005, 12:43:35 PM »
                        Wow, I step out of the 'net for a minute and look what happens!  Seems like I missed mucho fun.

Raptor

« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2005, 03:36:03 PM »
                        Look who's back from AWOL.

2k_dummy

Specialist
                        • A word, once spoken, can never be recalled.
                          « Reply #85 on: December 06, 2005, 04:06:05 PM »
                          Does AWOL merit consignment to the sin bin? ;D
                          If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
                          _______________________________________ ________
                          BlackViper

Software and utilities

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
                          « Reply #86 on: December 06, 2005, 04:22:46 PM »
                          Joleen your avatar/sig isn't working  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Joleen

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2005, 07:38:10 AM »
                          Joleen your avatar/sig isn't working

Captain obvious to the rescue.  Teasing of course.  I'll try to find time to fix it for you.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
                          « Reply #88 on: December 07, 2005, 04:03:04 PM »
                          Nice work  ;D  And yes, I AM Captain obvious!   :D  ... Wait a sec...  :-/  lol

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Raptor

« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2005, 06:29:51 AM »
                          Quit flirting, Flame. She's married. And way too old for you. Heck, way too old for anyone.

;D

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
                            « Reply #90 on: December 17, 2005, 09:02:10 AM »
                            Heck, way too old for anyone.  

Older than me ???

Take a look  ;D

Spedz

« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2005, 09:04:58 AM »
                            Hehe. Only one year till ya get a message from the queen  ;) Not sure what happens if you life in System32 Though. Maybe a virus-free day!

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
                              « Reply #92 on: December 17, 2005, 10:11:47 AM »
                              I care about it :)

No worry. I am using AVG  ;D

Raptor

« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2005, 10:29:20 AM »
                              Has anyone ever tried the full version of AVG? Is it any good?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2005, 12:20:09 PM »
                                Has anyone ever tried the full version of AVG? Is it any good?

Yes .......and yes .......seems to get the job done.

patio

• Genius
                                • Maud' Dib
                                  • Yes
                                « Reply #95 on: December 19, 2005, 12:40:54 PM »
                                And reasonably priced as well...
                                The scheduling features are more robust other than that not much.
                                But i don't mind supporting a fine product.

Raptor

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2005, 07:30:24 AM »
                                Me neither. However, I only morally support paid products. Not financially.  :)

patio

• Genius
                                • Maud' Dib
                                  • Yes
                                « Reply #97 on: December 20, 2005, 09:55:26 AM »
                                I volunteer some help time in their forums...Good Karma.