Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Search Indexer Running but Outlook items remaining still rising !  (Read 4953 times)

XPuser63

Topic Starter

???   Hello - Anyone with this experience ?  After Re-installing Windows Search Indexer 4.0 on my WinXP 2002 SP3, and then Rebuilding the search index, it does not appear to be indexing my Outlook Personal Folders.  There are no problems with the computer speed as it is a fast high-end computer which should crunch through things rather quickly  (PowerSpec, COre2 Quad CPU Q6700 @2.66GHz Dual Proc/ 3.25GB RAM).  If it is infact inexing, it is running extreemely slowly for Outlook Datafiles.  In fact, when queriying Indexing Status within Outlook>Tools menu, the number of search items remaining across all open mailboxes keeps rising.  It says 23760 items remaining in "Personal Folders" and never seems to start decreasing.  Yet, in the Windows tray icon, it seems to be progressing ok and the "Items Indexed so far" is rising constantly.  (I did reduce the number of directories under Indexing Options...   to quicken completion time ).
      Is there any way to accelerate Indexing in Outlook ?  I have already eliminated just about all unnecessary Outlook search directories except for the Outlook Personal data files in order to try shortening completing time.   
      Please help!  I've been searching for weeks now, tried changing options, doing a few Registry tweeks, and stuff like that recommended by other posts, and  to no avail.  Its unpleasant - to say the least - not to be able to search my Inbox on keywords. 
    Thanks a million !

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 02:01:09 PM by XPuser63 »