Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ports on firewall  (Read 2654 times)

helpless newbie

ports on firewall
« on: June 13, 2004, 08:40:11 AM »
Hi, hope i posted this in the correct forum because i can't choose a more suitable one for this topic.

My question is:

i actually changed some settings on my ports. So is the "some settings" mentioned above by windows to me include that?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

....Re: ports on firewall
    « Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 01:46:49 PM »
    .......In a word......Yes

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

helpless newbie

Re: ports on firewall
    « Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 06:27:58 PM »
    Thanks, hehe....

then now this is my problem.

What should i really do to make my MSN messenger function properly without being affected by the firewall which is shipped with XP pro?

I read a lot about this things but everytime they just ask me to set port 6891 bla bla bla, but you know, I don't know anything about ports so.......can anyone of you help?

is it possible for you to tell me what to key in in each and every one of these empty space?

p.s. I asked the first question because i thought i want to open a port with the ip address of my internet connection and not my home network. hope you all get what i mean.

Raptor

Re: ports on firewall
    « Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 04:29:32 AM »
    What should i really do to make my MSN messenger function properly without being affected by the firewall which is shipped with XP pro?

Disable the firewall that comes with XP and use one such as Zone Alarm.

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp

This is much more reliable, user friendly and functions better.
    « Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 04:30:37 AM by Raptor »