Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: can't register at forum due to multiple IP address issues  (Read 4063 times)

Lilym

Topic Starter

can't register at forum due to multiple IP address issues
    « on: March 01, 2010, 08:47:05 PM »
    I have been trying to register at a forum for legal advice. I first tried from my laptop on a broadband connection, now I tried again from my home computer DSL each time I get this message:
    Our server has detected the presence of multiple IP connections from your machine, with one of the connections being an "Open Proxy" or blacklisted IP. Connections of this nature are often used in order to abuse, spam or defraud. Our server has denied you any further access until both IP addresses can be resolved or the presence of the Open Proxy connection closed.

I registered at your site with no problem. I have a home network of several computers verizon DSL with a static IP address. It also has a wired and wireless router. Is there something I can do to resolve this issue? Is it the security settings? Do I need to worry about the "Open Proxy"?
    I wrote to the site the first time and told them I was using broadband, but received no reply

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: can't register at forum due to multiple IP address issues
    « Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 09:15:47 PM »
    Who else uses this machine ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Lilym

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 09:45:48 PM »
      my daughter mainly. Its in my home office. I've been out of town but I got the same message from my laptop. My husband just told me the firewall on this machine had been turned off and he turned it back on.

thank You for any assistance

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 06:15:34 AM »
      Someone is using and/or has recently setup a proxy service on that machine...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "