Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wakeup problem  (Read 2761 times)

Helpless Newbie

Wakeup problem
« on: June 11, 2004, 09:14:45 AM »
Hi, I'm new here, but really get upset with my newly-formatted pc. Below are my current hardware specs,

Pentium 4 2.0Ghz
Win Xp professional
TNT 2 32Mb AGP 2x
512Mb SDram
"networked"
20GB old hard disk

my problem is, when i leave it for after sometime, it'll turn off the monitor and never turn on again!

It might go into sleep mode or something, but the thing is, the led act like normal as if it's working. i tried to move the mouse, touched the keyboard everything, the desktop just won't appear...

thanks...

Raptor

Re: Wakeup problem
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 03:40:55 PM »
Is it just your monitor or your entire PC?

MalikTous

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 10:07:54 PM »
Make sure that your video properties in the screensaver tab aren't set to shut off the monitor or HDs, and that the power management category is 'Desktop' or 'Always On'. When next you restart, go into your BIOS and disable any Power Management shutoffs and wakes. Experiment with enabling or disabling the APM and ACPI support in BIOS if the settings exist.

Sleep and standby generally only really work right on laptops. AC-powered PCs generally don't need these features.

helpless newbie

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 08:26:41 AM »
Is it just your monitor or your entire PC?

It's my monitor, I'm pretty sure that the whole pc and OS is still working in the background, just like some normal pc turned on without a monitor.