Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 2000 Problem  (Read 4352 times)

Jason Pile

Windows 2000 Problem
« on: July 02, 2005, 05:09:09 PM »
 :'(

Hey is their anyone that can help me??

My prob is that i was wanting to install and extra CD-Rom, i did this but when i started my pc it is went all funny..... it does not start any more so i removed the extra CD-Rom and tryed to boot but no luck...

It keeps comming up with this merssage " Non system dis or Disc Error " but their is no disks in the Drives  :-/ i dont have the Windows 2000 cd or any back up disks... the ones i downloaded dont seem to open on the pc it just comes up with the same message... ??? ??? ???

please help

Jason

merlin_2

Re: Windows 2000 Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 05:12:53 PM »
First......re-start pc and down the f8 key and chose last good config........providing you have not still got the extra cdrom drive attached...you may have not adjusted the jumper for it?.....slave....master......what is the setup you have.....

pcdoc4christ

Re: Windows 2000 Problem
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 08:27:12 PM »
Jason:

Make sure you unplug your computer before opening up the case again.  Then, check that the Molex connector from the power supply (the one with four pins and red, black and yellow wires) is firmly connected to the hard drive and not upside down.  

Next, check that the IDE cable (the flat "ribbon cable" with 40 or 80 wires) is not inserted upside down and is not loose but firmly connected to both the hard drive and the motherboard.  Both the motherboard and the hard drive may indicate which side of the connector is the location of pin number one.  Make sure the wire with the red line on the IDE cable is connected to this pin.

Finally, be sure to check that the small jumper is not missing and is connecting the correct two pins on the hard drive (as Merlin suggested).

If that doesn't work, let us know and we will tell you how to check the BIOS setup configuration to make sure that the system is set to boot to the hard drive first.

Regards,
Doc
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 08:31:59 PM by pcdoc4christ »