Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New homebuilt computer not booting.  (Read 1918 times)

Afterimage

Topic Starter

New homebuilt computer not booting.
    « on: February 09, 2010, 07:23:57 PM »
    I apologize if this has been solved in a previous discussion, but I couldn't find my specific error.

I built my first PC today, and after its all plugged up, it wont POST or go to BIOS.

The components are:

NZXT M59 Case

AMD Athlon II X2 245

ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3 AMD 785G

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

HITACHI Deskstar HD31000 IDK/7K (0S00163) 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5

APEVIA ATX-AQ700W-BK 700W ATX12V

I read somewhere that my CPU does not support the RAM, but I am not sure. If that is an issue, would that cause the problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Afterimage

Topic Starter

Re: New homebuilt computer not booting.
      « Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 08:37:54 PM »
      I was stupid, and a cord had came loose.
      Mods can delete, thanks.

EEVIAC

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 08:56:34 PM »
      I read somewhere that my CPU does not support the RAM, but I am not sure. If that is an issue, would that cause the problem?

I doubt there is a cpu/ram compatibility issue here.  If there's going to be any compatibility issue it would be between the motherboard and ram.  It just so happens that despite that g-skill is a qualified RAM vendor for that board, for ddr3, that particular p/n number is not showing on the qualified vendor list.. See here: http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory/M3A785GMH128M.pdf
      But let's not conclude a ram compatibility issue yet..

Do you hear any sounds/beeps of any kind?  Are the fans and hard drive spinning up? 

EEVIAC

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 08:58:15 PM »
      I was stupid, and a cord had came loose.
      Mods can delete, thanks.

ok, well end of story then, me thinks  ::)