Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Which Browser is the Best?  (Read 18435 times)

Saurabhdua

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Which Browser is the Best?
    « Reply #45 on: March 30, 2010, 05:41:44 AM »
    Come on Guys! ;)

We have to admit that FF is becoming 'Bloated' day by day. FF used to be a 'Perfect' choice for many till Google Chrome came to light!

Google Chrome is a 'Skiddy' browser & launches in a blink of an eye.Surfing is smooth!

With FF, it seems that a 'SUMO' wishes to eat (your system resources) a little more till it gets up to do the fight! ;D

No  match against Google's bet.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #46 on: March 30, 2010, 06:55:00 AM »
    FF has been open for 5 days and I have 44 tabs open and it's consuming 100MB.

This is rather surprising, actually. I recently trimmed off a few addons... they might have been causing some memory leaks.

We have to admit that FF is becoming 'Bloated' day by day

It's easy to say a program is bloated but really half the people that say it don't know what they are saying and nary prove the "bloatedness". They have this concept that the "feeling" they get from using the program is some sort of empirical evidence that the application is slower.

In an interesting sidebar: a program can actually take 5 seconds longer to load then another program, and people will think it's blazingly faster.

Program A takes 15 seconds to load. During the time it loads, the cursor is an hourglass/waiting cursor, but there is no other visual indication the application is starting.

Program B takes 20 Seconds to load, but during this time it displays a splash screen with things such as version, a tip, and perhaps a progress bar.

Guess which one wins in a "bloated" contest? the first one is called "bloated" and "slow" and yet it takes 25% longer to start, and oftentimes people might try to start it again, resulting in two instances.

"bloat" for most people is purely a perception. I'm sorry but perceptions differ between different people and no one perception is ever <righter> then any other. If you perceive that Chrome is faster or that firefox is bloated then go right ahead, but bear in mind that your perceptions are not evidence of anything.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Saurabhdua

Hopeful

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2010, 10:41:50 AM »
      Probably you r right! (I say so, purely because of your 'BLOATED' reply ;D)!

Anyways, My fascination has now started to slip on an another browser viz. K-Melon!

Some browsers are a BREEZE.

Check out various COLD BOOT & WARM BOOT times across all browsers, you'll come to know what Iam exactly talking about! ;)

Quantos

Guru
      • Veni, Vidi, Vici
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #48 on: March 31, 2010, 10:47:23 AM »
      Probably you r right! (I say so, purely because of your 'BLOATED' reply ;D)!
      He is right.

Check out various COLD BOOT & WARM BOOT times across all browsers, you'll come to know what Iam exactly talking about! ;)
      Please see his 'BLOATED' reply ;)
      Evil is an exact science.