Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Norton vs. AVG  (Read 1959 times)

tamra747

Topic Starter

Rookie

• TexasTammi
    Norton vs. AVG
    « on: February 10, 2010, 04:42:37 AM »
     :||Yes,I'm back.lol..I'm just happy to finally find a place that is actually active,and full of really smart computer guru's.
      Ok....question: Running Windows 7.I downloaded the Norton that came bundled with my new computer,and eventually it's gona run out of the free trial.Well,the thing is...I went out once(on my old computer)and bought Norton for my anti-virus/firewall,and wound up having so many problems with that I had to uninstall it.Then I put AVG back on,the free one,and didn't have any problems at all with that.
      Should I keep Norton when it runs out of the free trial,or change back to AVG which seemed to work fine on my other computer.Just curious,because I don't want to have to eventually go back through the same problems I had before with Norton.Any tips would be appreciated.
      Thanks
    Not Perfect....but PTL,I'm Forgiven!"

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Norton vs. AVG
    « Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 06:45:30 AM »
    Use whatever you are happy with as long as it's always resident and the definitions are always current.

tamra747

Topic Starter

Rookie

• TexasTammi
      Re: Norton vs. AVG
      « Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 11:01:27 AM »
      thanks.. ;-{
      Not Perfect....but PTL,I'm Forgiven!"