Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: any reason why I should keep W7??  (Read 9678 times)

MacPC

Intermediate
    Re: any reason why I should keep W7??
    « Reply #30 on: February 19, 2010, 12:54:42 AM »
    >>Re: any reason why I should keep W7??

Nope. Get a Mac or switch to Linux.

>> Microsoft's decision to do public beta was a brilliant idea.

Fantastic, MS got a bunch of suckers to work for them for free!! Brilliant indeed. Perhaps Toyota should follow the same idea and ask all its customers to test the brakes and the steering system on the highway.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #31 on: February 19, 2010, 08:40:45 AM »
    >>Re: any reason why I should keep W7??

Nope. Get a Mac or switch to Linux.

Fantastic, MS got a bunch of suckers to work for them for free!! Brilliant indeed. Perhaps Toyota should follow the same idea and ask all its customers to test the brakes and the steering system on the highway.
    google
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

killerb255

Adviser
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #32 on: February 19, 2010, 11:19:14 AM »
      :deleted double-post, please remove:
      Quote from: talontromper
      Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

killerb255

Adviser
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #33 on: February 19, 2010, 11:22:24 AM »
        Just practicing being a jerk, or what?  You already said "Vista, lol."  What's your point?

These would be the logical fallacies "appeal to ignorance" and "begging the question."  The former means to spout off something irrelevant instead of having a relevant retort; the latter means using "circular logic": A because of B -> why B? -> because of A.

tl;dr version: it's trolling.
        Quote from: talontromper
        Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

Hankster58

Beginner
          « Reply #34 on: February 19, 2010, 11:01:47 PM »
          Boy!! Easy on the "heat" guys!! Just got the wife's new PC up and running, and she loves "7"! Compared to her Vista 64 laptop (year old) .. this thing is a hemi powered rod(real 426 hemi, not that "new" stuff)!! Got two running Windows 7, and all I can say is "they got it right"..... your opinion may vary.. but these two machines are on 24/7 and USED! Web browsing,email, video work, photo work, website building and maintenance, word processing etc.. not just facebook and solitaire!! LOL!! I may be hard at times on MS.. but not THIS time.

Further.... MAC is NOT always so "perfect".... I recently got one of those too (yes, at times we have FOUR computers running in here (Home business) and they blew it big time trying to "improve on iMovie6... iMovie8 was so BAD.... they offered free downloads of "6" to anyone who didn't like "8"!! I'm learning iMovie9 now (prerequisite to FinaCut Pro) and they took OUT some of the best features"because they wanted to make it easier for users" NOT!! Mac users got pissed they were screwed out of features that made it so GOOD "before".... iMovie9 is prety sophisticated stuff, but even I can see things they took out from "6" they should have left alone... maybe, like MS did in testing for "7".. they should have asked the CUSTOMER what he "wanted" and what WORKED!!! Customers as "suckers"???? I think NOT! I'd rather be ASKED my opinion... that be handed somewthing less than functional because somebody ELSE decided what WE needed or liked.... sorry, was a SMART move on MS part this time......

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
            • Yes
            • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #35 on: February 20, 2010, 12:16:26 AM »

So, Microsoft can't win either way with this guy, who's about as funny as a screen door on a submarine.   ::)

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"