Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Re. Lost H/drive space.......C drive Not D drive!  (Read 2739 times)

eddybeard

Topic Starter

Re. Lost H/drive space.......C drive Not D drive!
    « on: February 11, 2010, 04:15:34 AM »

Hi folks
    I have just lost about 4Gb of hard-drive space and I don't know why!
    Just prior to this I had burned a DVD using Nero 7 Startsmart. The file copied where AVI & Nero recode files.
    I'd burned them as Data files as nero wouldn't let me copy them 'as they were' 5 onto one 4.7G DVDR.
    Being new to Nero (and computing generally) I am still finding out what it Will do. I realised from this that nero apparently recodes AVI files to normal dvd file to copy to a 4.7G disc. I started to copy one of these movies to a disc for a friend but wanted to watch another movie that was on my H/drive. The system crashed and I aborted the burn process. It was after watching my movie that I noticed I was about 4G down on free space. This is annoying as there is now only about 2G left on my C drive.
    I've tried to find the offending data files but without success.

Can anyone give me any leads to regain my lost 4G of free space?

jkolak

Hopeful
      Re: Re. Lost H/drive space.......C drive Not D drive!
      « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 11:41:34 AM »
      I think you answered your own question.

Nero copies to the HDD before burning the DVD.

Since your computer crashed before the burn operation was complete, Nero did not have a chance to delete the intermediate files or ask you if you wanted to delete them.