DVD help and support
Updated: 08/02/2020 by Computer Hope
- What is a DVD?
- A full list of DVD and disc drive terms.
- How to find what computer CD or disc drive I have.
- Disc drive drivers and manufacturer listing.
- Help and buying tips with purchasing a disc drive.
- Contact information for disc drive manufacturers.
Top DVD questions and answers
- How to play a DVD or Blu-ray movie in Windows.
- How can a scratch cause a CD or DVD not to work?
- Unable to play DVD through TV/VCR.
- How to get around DVD region number scheme.
Driver related questions
- What is a driver?
- How do I locate software or drivers for my computer?
- How to install and update a computer driver.
- List of computer DVD and disc drive drivers.
DVD questions and answers
- Can a DVD drive also burn DVD blank disc?
- How to tell if a CD or DVD is fake.
- Blu-ray vs. DVD.
- What to do if CD or DVD stuck in the drive?
- How to test a computer CD-ROM and DVD drive for failures.
- Can my CD-ROM, CD-RW, CD-R drive read DVDs?
- CD or other disc tray does not close or opens by itself.
- Why is my CD or DVD skipping?
- If I burn copies of a CD, does it degrade the quality?
- How to fix a DVD movie that stops or goes black.
- Why can't I hear a DVD movie with headphones?
- How do I back up a DVD movie to my hard drive?
- How do I make a CD or DVD from an ISO file?
- How to fix lower DVD quality on TV versus a monitor.
- How much does a DVD cost?
- Why can't I play a DVD in Windows NT?
- How to prevent Windows 98 DVD player from loading.
- How to create a Windows 10 installation disk.