DVD Help and Support
Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
- What is a DVD?
- Full list of DVD and disc drive terms.
- How do I find what DVD or other disc drive I have?
- Disc drive drivers and manufacturer listing.
- Help and buying tips with purchasing a disc drive.
- Contact information for disc drive manufacturers.
Top DVD questions and answers
- How can I play a DVD movie in Windows?
- Will a scratch cause a CD or DVD to not work?
- Unable to play DVD through TV/VCR.
- DVD titles with known issues.
- Getting around DVD region number scheme.
Driver related questions
- What is a driver?
- How do I locate software or drivers for my computer?
- How do I install a computer driver?
- List of computer DVD and disc drive drivers.
DVD questions and answers
- Can a DVD drive also burn DVD discs?
- How can I tell if a CD or DVD is fake?
- Blu-ray vs DVD.
- What to do if CD or DVD stuck in drive?
- How to test a computer CD-ROM and DVD drive for failures.
- Can my CD-ROM, CD-RW, CD-R drive read DVD's?
- CD or other disc tray does not close or opens by itself.
- My CD or DVD is skipping.
- If I make burn copies of a CD or DVD does it degrade the quality?
- DVD movie stops or screen goes black.
- Cannot hear DVD movie with headphones.
- DVD quality on TV is not as good as monitor.
- How much does a DVD disc cost?
- Cannot play DVD with Windows NT.
- How to prevent Windows 98 DVD player from loading.
- After reinstalling Windows 98 DVD no longer works.