Modem help and support
Updated: 08/31/2020 by Computer Hope
- What is a modem?
- Full list of computer modem terms.
- How do I find what computer modem I have?
- Where can I find a listing of AT strings and information?
- Information and help on X2, KFLEX, and V.90 and connecting at 56k.
- Contact information for modem manufacturers.
- Help and buying tips for purchasing a modem.
Top modem questions and answers
- How to install a computer modem.
- How to ensure the modem connects correctly.
- Why won't my modem connect at 56k?
- How to enable and disable call waiting on computer.
- How to enable or disable a modem speaker.
Internet questions and answers
- What is the Internet?
- How to download an app, file, or program from the Internet.
- E-mail help and support.
- Internet help and support.
Driver related questions
- What is a driver?
- How do I locate software or drivers for my computer?
- How to install and update a computer driver.
- List of computer modem drivers.
All other modem questions and answers
- How to disable Internet auto disconnect.
- Why do older modem and network cards not work in Windows XP?
- How do I remove a computer modem?
- ATI modem diagnostic information.
- Why is my dial-up networking password not saved in Windows?
- How to fix Error 630: Port disconnected due to hardware failure.
- How to decrease time used to log onto Internet with modem.
- Windows 95 and 98 modem troubleshooting.
- Why is Windows not saving my Internet password and the box to save is grayed out?
- Why do I have to enter my connection information twice?
- How to install a new port in Windows 98 or 95.
- How to troubleshoot a modem in Windows NT 4.0.
- Prevent the do you want to disconnect from the Internet prompt.
- How to configure a modem in MS-DOS.
- How to troubleshoot a modem in DOS and Windows 3.x.