How do I view my Internet browser's history?
Today, all major browsers have functionality that allows you to quickly and easily view your Internet browser's history. However, as multiple devices contain browser history, there are multiple ways to view it as well. To proceed, choose your devices from the section below and follow the instructions.
Desktop or laptop computer
For those of you who are using either a Windows-based or iOS-based computer, there are quick shortcut key combinations that allow you to view your history.
Windows and Linux users: Ctrl+H
Once one of the above shortcut keys has been pressed, a history section similar to the example below should appear. This particular example shows the history in Google Chrome.
Android phone or tablet running Google Chrome
Users who are running Google Chrome on their Android phone or tablet can view their history with the following steps.
- Open the Google Chrome Internet browser.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen tap the icon.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, select history and shown in the image to the right.
- The following page will contain your device's history.
iPhone or iPad running Safari
Users who are running Safari for iOS on their iPhone or iPad can view their history with the following steps.
- On your device, open the Safari Internet browser.
- In the lower-left corner of the browser window, press and hold the back arrow.
- The next screen will contain your browser's history.