How to view the Internet browser's history
Today, all major browsers, including Firefox, Safari, Edge, and Chrome, have functionality that lets you quickly and easily view your search and destination history. However, as different devices contain browser history, there are multiple ways to view it as well. To proceed, choose your desired device from the section below and follow the instructions.
Desktop or laptop computer
Windows and Linux users: Ctrl+H
When one of these keyboard shortcuts is pressed, a history section similar to the example below should appear. In the following screenshot, browsing history is being viewed in Google Chrome.
Android phone or tablet running Google Chrome
Users running Google Chrome on their Android phone or tablet can view their history with the following steps.
- Open the Google Chrome Internet browser.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, tap the icon.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, select History and shown in the image.
- The page that opens contains your device's history.
iPhone or iPad running Safari
- On your device, open the Safari Internet browser.
- In the lower-left corner of the browser window, tap and hold the back arrow.
- The page that opens contains your browser's history.