How do I view my Internet browser's history?
Today, all major browsers have functionality that allows you to quickly and easily view your Internet browser's history. However, as multiple devices contain browser history, there are multiple ways to view as well. To proceed, choose your devices from the section below and follow the instructions.
Desktop or laptop computer
If you are using Windows, Linux, or macOS, there are quick shortcut key combinations that allow you to view your history.
Windows and Linux users: Ctrl+H
Once one of the above shortcut keys is pressed, a history section similar to the example below should appear. In the following screenshot, browsing history is being viewed in Google Chrome.
Android phone or tablet running Google Chrome
Users who are running Google Chrome on their Android phone or tablet can view their history with the following steps.
- Open the Google Chrome Internet browser.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen tap the icon.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, select history and shown in the image.
- The following page contains your device's history.
iPhone or iPad running Safari
Users who are running Safari for iOS on their iPhone or iPad can view their history with the following steps.
- On your device, open the Safari Internet browser.
- In the lower-left corner of the browser window, press and hold the back arrow.
- The next screen contains your browser's history.
- How do I clear my Internet browser history?
- How to reset default settings in an Internet browser.
- How do I view, edit, and disable Google search history?
- Why does a browser need to save my history?
- See our cache and history definitions for further information and related links.
- Internet browser help and support.