How to make Windows Media Player rip CDs automatically
Windows Media Player is a great place to store and organize your music library. When it comes to ripping audio CDs (copying them to your computer), there are a few settings that you can toggle to make the process more convenient. One of these settings is to make the Windows Media Player automatically rip CDs when you insert them into your disc drive.
How to rip discs automatically
- Open the Windows Media Player.
To quickly open Windows Media Player, press the Windows key, type WMP, and then press Enter.
- In the Tools menu, click Options...
- In the Options window, click the Rip Music tab (A).
- In the middle of the Rip Music section, check the box next to Rip CD automatically (B).
- Click Apply (C), and then OK (D).
- How to rip an audio CD with Windows Media Player.
- How to change rip format and quality in Windows Media Player.
- How to determine the version of Windows Media Player.
- Programs used to rip or copy audio CDs to a computer.
- Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD.
- Windows Media Player help and support.