What is Whagent?
Whagent is a product of the WebHancer company used to collect information about a user while he or she is browsing the Internet. This program is a TSR (terminate-and-stay-resident) and is an additional install when installing Internet utility programs such as the examples below.
- Audio Galaxy.
- Wildcat web optimizer.
- BeFaster Internet Speed Up Toolkit.
This program currently appears to be installed only on PC-compatible computers running Microsoft Windows.
We recommend you uninstall this utility, because it is an invasion of your privacy.
To completely uninstall this utility, follow the instructions below:
- Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, and double-click Add/Remove programs.
- If present in Add/Remove programs, remove the program. If this program is not present in Add/Remove programs but is listed in the Task Manager, highlight the program and click the End Task button. Then, manually delete the program by following the steps below.
- Empty the C:\temp and C:\Windows\Temp directories, if they exist.
- Reboot the computer (this step is required to successfully complete the next two steps).
- Ensure that Whagent is not running in the background by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del again on the keyboard. If present, End Task the Whagent process before doing the next two steps. Otherwise click Cancel and continue with the next two steps.
- Delete the C:\Program Files\webHancer\ directory, if present.
- Ensure the files below are no longer present on the computer.