How to find what hardware is installed in the computer
Updated: 01/05/2018 by Computer Hope
Below is a listing of different hardware devices in the computer and different methods of determining additional information about the hardware device. There are also several free software programs to detect hardware and other system settings.
- How do I find what CD or other disc drive I have?
- What is a CD-ROM?
- What is a CD-R?
- What is a CD-RW?
- What is a DVD?
- CD-ROM help and support.
- CD-R and CD-RW help and support.
- DVD help and support.
Floppy disk drive
- How do I find what floppy diskette drive I have?
- What is a floppy drive?
- Floppy disk drive help and support.
- How do I find the hard drive type and specifications?
- Determining available hard drive space.
- What is a hard drive?
- Computer hard drive help and support.
- Determine how many memory slots in a computer.
- How to determine system resources or RAM available.
- What is Memory?
- Computer memory help and support.
- How do I find the monitor or display I'm using?
- What is a monitor?
- Computer monitor help and support.
- How do I find what computer motherboard I have?
- Determining the PCI Version.
- Determining the AGP Version.
- Identifying an unknown PCI card.
- How to determine the motherboards chipset.
- What is a motherboard?
- Information and help with computer motherboards.
- AGP, PCI, and other computer bus help and support.
Network card aka Ethernet adapter
- How do I find what network card and network I'm using?
- What is a network card?
- Computer network card and networking help.
Power Supply aka PSU
- How do I determine how big my power supply is?
- What is a power supply?
- Computer power supply help and support.
- How do I determine the type and speed of my processor?
- What is a CPU?
- Computer processor (CPU) help and support.
- How do I find what computer sound card I have?
- What is a sound card?
- Computer sound card help and support.