How do I find what computer printer I have?
To determine which printer you have connected to your computer, follow the steps below.
- If you are attempting to identify the printer manufacturer or model, this information is commonly found on the front, back, or bottom of the printer. In some cases, the printer's identification may also be found under the cover of the printer.
- If you are attempting to determine the printer's interface, you must familiarize yourself with the different printer interfaces.
- If you cannot locate a manufacturer or model number of the printer, but can locate an FCC identification number, it is recommended that you perform an FCC search using that number. Additional information about FCC numbers and how to search for information about an FCC number is on our FCC definition page.
Product listing or specifications
If you are trying to list all the specific information about your computer printer, specifying the manufacturer, type, and model of the printer is sufficient. Below is an example of how this may look.
Parallel inkjet Canon BJC 240 printer
Drivers or installation
- Computer printer drivers.
- Installing a PC parallel port computer printer.
- Replacing ink cartridges and printer not working.
Replacement or repair
If you are trying to determine which printer you have because it needs to be repaired, it is recommended you obtain an estimated repair cost on the printer first. If the cost outweighs buying a new printer, it is recommended you purchase a new printer.