Why can't I remove a program from Windows Add or remove programs?
Updated: 12/30/2019 by Computer Hope
Users can manually remove the program listing from Add or remove Programs using Microsoft's TweakUI or deleting the entry from the registry.
- Install and open TweakUI.
- In TweakUI, click the Add/Remove tab.
- In the Add/Remove Programs tab, select the programs you want to remove and click the Remove button.
- Close TweakUI when done.
Be aware that modifying the registry improperly can cause issues with your computer.
- Click Start, Run, and type regedit.
- In the Registry Editor, open the key below.
- In the registry key above, select the program you want to uninstall from the right side of the window.