Unable to remove a program from Windows Add or Remove programs
Updated: 01/24/2018 by Computer Hope
Users can manually remove the program listing from Add or Remove Programs by using Microsoft's TweakUI or deleting the entry from the registry.
- Install and open TweakUI.
- In TweakUI click the Add/Remove tab.
- In the Add/Remove Programs tab, select the programs you want to remove and click the Remove button.
- Close TweakUI when done.
Note: be aware that modifying the registry improperly can cause issues with your computer.
- Click Start, Run, and type Regedit.
- In the Registry Editor, open the below key.
- In the above registry key, select the program you want to uninstall from the right side of the window.