Unable to remove a program from Windows Add/Remove programs
Updated: 04/26/2017 by Computer Hope
Users can manually remove the program listing from Add/Remove programs by using Microsoft's TweakUI or deleting the entry from the Registry.
- Install and open TweakUI.
- In TweakUI click the Add/Remove tab.
- Within the Add/Remove programs tab, select the programs you want to remove and click the Remove button.
- Close TweakUI when done.
Note: be aware that modifying the Registry improperly can cause issues with your computer.
- Click Start, Run, and type Regedit.
- Within the Registry, open the below key.
- Within the above Registry key, select the program you want to uninstall from the right side of the window.
- See our Add or Remove Programs definition for further information and related links on this term.