Missing Desktop Network icon
Updated: 05/27/2017 by Computer Hope
Note: Although each of the versions of Microsoft Windows have a different name for the network icon, this document applies to the below missing icons.
- Network Neighborhood
- My Network Places
- Dial-Up Networking
Restoring a missing Desktop network icon
- Right-click on the Desktop and click Properties.
- In the Display Properties window click the Desktop tab.
- Click the Customize Desktop button.
- Check the My Network Places check box and click Ok.
- Open TweakUI.
- In TweakUI open the Desktop tab category.
- Under Desktop, check the check box for the network icon you want to show on the Desktop.
- Once checked, close out of TweakUI and reboot the computer.
- See our My Network Places definition for further information and related links on this term.