How to download a video from Instagram
There are quite a few options for downloading a video from Instagram. Apps and websites are available to use for downloading Instagram videos. Choose an option below for details.
Download Instagram video on a computer
To download an Instagram video using a desktop or laptop computer, follow the steps below.
- Access the web page on Instagram that contains the video you want to download.
- Copy the URL for the web page from the browser's address bar.
- Go to the DreDown website at https://www.dredown.com.
- At the top of the DreDown home page, click the Instagram option.
- On the DreDown Instagram page, in the text field at the top, paste the URL you copied in step 2 above.
- Click the Dredown button to the right of the text field.
- You will see a message stating "Getting video information. Please wait." After a short wait, the page will change and show you a list of video download options. Choose the video option you want to download and click that option to download the Instagram video to your computer.
Download Instagram video on an Android device
When using an Android device and viewing an Instagram video, that video will automatically download to your device. The video will be available in the Android file manager.
- Open the file manager utility on the Android device.
- In the file manager, go to Data, then com.instagram.android, then Cache, then Videos.
- Find the video file that was downloaded. Videos are listed in reverse order, with the most recently viewed and downloaded being at the top of the list.
- Set the extension of the video file to MP4.
You can now view the Instagram video by playing that video file.
Download Instagram video on an iPad or iPhone
- Go to the App Store, then search for and install the Regrammer app.
- Go to Instagram and find the video you want to download.
- If using the Instagram app, click on the ellipsis (...) in the upper-right corner and select Copy Link. If accessing Instagram through the Safari web browser, tap in the URL field at the top and copy the video URL.
- Open the Regrammer app and paste the video URL in the text field below the "Regrammer" app name.
- Click the Preview button.
- On the Preview page, tap the Share option, then tap the Save Image option.
- Once downloaded, the video can be found in the Camera Roll.