Remove the clipboard toolbar feature from Office 2000
Updated: 01/24/2018 by Computer Hope
To disable the clipboard toolbar in Microsoft Office, you must edit the registry.
- Close all Microsoft Office programs.
- Click Start, Run, and type "Regedit" and click ok to open the Windows Registry Editor.
- Open the below folders:
- Once in the General folder click Edit from the drop-down-menu, click New and then DWORD Value.
- For the name of the new DWORD, type: Acbcontrol
- Double-click Acbcontrol to edit it. Change the value to 1, and click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.
Once the above steps have been completed, your Office programs should no longer display the Microsoft Office clipboard toolbar.
- How to prevent the Office task pane from automatically opening.
- Open Word, Excel, PowerPoint files without Microsoft Office.
- How to determine which version of Microsoft Office I'm using.
- See our clipboard and toolbar definitions for further information and related links.
- Microsoft Excel help and support.
- Microsoft Office help and support.