How to remove an e-mail contact
This page contains details on removing a contact from a webmail or e-mail program. The answer to this question depends on the program you use to send and receive your mail. To proceed, choose your e-mail service from the list below and follow the steps.
- Open your Gmail account and sign in, if prompted.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, click the Google Apps menu icon.
- Click More at the bottom of the menu that appears.
- Scroll down and select the Contacts icon.
- Scroll down to the contact you'd like to delete and click the More icon on the far-right side.
- Select Delete from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click Delete on the prompt that appears.
Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail)
- Log in to your Outlook.com account.
- In the bottom-left corner of the window, click the People icon.
You can also remove a contact by selecting the entry, and then clicking the Delete icon at the top of the menu.
- Log in to your Yahoo! e-mail account.
- Click the Contacts icon in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Select a contact from the list that appears.
- At the top-right corner of the contact, click the kebab menu icon.
- Select Delete Contact from the drop-down menu.
- Open Outlook.
- In the lower-left corner of the window, click the People icon.
- Find and select the contact you want to delete.
- On the Home tab in the Ribbon, click the Delete option.
- Open Thunderbird.
- Select Address Book at the top of the screen.
- In the Address Book window that opens, find and select the contact you want to delete.
- Click Delete in the toolbar above your contacts list.
- Click OK in the prompt that appears to confirm deletion of the contact.
- How to change an e-mail address.
- How do I delete an e-mail account or address?
- How to delete or move e-mail messages.
- How to delete all e-mails at once.
- If I don't use my e-mail, will I lose it?
- How to create or delete a folder in e-mail.
- See the e-mail definition for further information and help.
- E-mail help and support.