How to forward an e-mail with an attachment
All current e-mail programs and e-mail services should support the ability to forward e-mails with attachments. Forwarding the e-mail to another e-mail address should automatically include the attachment in the forwarded e-mail.
To forward an e-mail and its attachment, follow these steps.
- Open the e-mail message you want to forward.
- In the menu bar of the email message, find and click the Forward button or link.
- Enter the e-mail address you want to forward the e-mail and attachment to in the To: or Recipient: field.
- In the e-mail message body, enter a message to the recipient of the e-mail and attachment, if desired.
- Click the Send button or link to forward the e-mail.
Tip: You can add additional attachments to the forwarded e-mail if desired. There should be an option to attach files to the e-mail, either labeled Attachments or identified by a paperclip icon in the e-mail message window.
In most cases, the recipient of the forwarded e-mail should be able to see the attachment without opening the e-mail. However, depending on the e-mail program or service used by the recipient, they may need to open the forwarded e-mail to see and open the attachment.
If your recipients cannot download or view your attachments, save the attachment to your computer first, create a new e-mail with the attachment included, and try sending it again.