How do I enable, disable, or adjust the Windows Quick Launch
Enabling and Disabling or hide the Windows Quick Launch
- Right-click on an empty portion of the Windows taskbar.
- Click Toolbars.
- And check or uncheck "Quick Launch" to enable or disable this feature.
- Note: Windows 95 and earlier versions of Windows do not have this feature.
Adding icons to the Quick Launch bar
Any shortcut icon can be added to the Quick Launch bar by dragging the shortcut to the Quick Launch bar. For example, you could drag an icon from the Start Menu to the Quick Launch bar.
Arranging the icons in the Windows Quick Launch
You can adjust how the icons are arranged in Quick Launch by clicking the icon you want to move, and dragging it to the position you want it. As you're dragging it a black line should appear to indicating where it will be moved.
Adjusting the size of the Windows Quick Launch
To the right of the Windows Quick Launch should be a divider (a line or dots) that separates the Quick Launch from the open programs (as seen in the picture example below). Click and drag this bar to the right to increase the size of Quick Launch, or move it to the left to decrease the size.
If you do not see this bar, your Taskbar is locked. To unlock the Taskbar, right-click on an empty portion of the bar and uncheck the "Lock the Taskbar" option.
- How do I change the icons in the Windows Quick Launch?
- How do I add or remove an icon in Windows Quick Launch?
- See the Quick Launch definition for further information and related links.