How do I change the icons in the Windows Quick Launch?
Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
To change the picture of any of the icons in the Quick Launch portion of the Microsoft Windows Taskbar follow the steps listed below.
- Right-click on an empty portion of the Quick Launch bar. If you're unable to find an empty portion of Quick Launch expand the Quick launch bar by dragging the divider between Quick Launch and the open windows to the right. Note: If the Taskbar is locked you'll be unable to do this. To unlock the Taskbar right-click the Taskbar and click "Lock the Taskbar."
- After right-clicking the Quick Launch bar click "Open Folder", which opens the folder containing each of the icons in your Quick Launch.
- After the Quick Launch bar window is open right-click on the icon you want to change.
- Click Properties.
- Finally, click the Change Icon button and select or browse to the location of the new icon you want to use.
- How do I enable, disable, or adjust the Windows Quick Launch?
- See the Quick Launch definition for further information and related links.