Change uppercase and lowercase text in Microsoft Word
Any text that is in all uppercase or lowercase can be changed by using the shortcut key Shift+F3. Below are the steps on how to do this in Microsoft Word.
- Highlight all the text you want to change.
- Hold down the Shift key and press F3.
- When you hold Shift and press F3, the text toggles from proper case (first-letter uppercase and the rest lowercased), to all uppercase (all capital letters), and then all lowercase.
If you not able to get the Shift+F3 shortcut to work in Microsoft Word 2007 or later, you can try the following option instead.
- In the menu bar at the top of the Word program window, on the Home tab, click the Change Case icon, which has an uppercase 'A' and lowercase 'a' on it.
- Select the appropriate option from the list of values. For example, if you want change to all uppercase letters, select the UPPERCASE option. If you want to change to all lowercase letters, select the lowercase option.
Use our text tool to convert any text from uppercase to lowercase.