How do I create a computer file?
This page contains links to how to create some of the more common files on a computer. To proceed, select a specific file type from the list below or read through each section individually.
- How to create a text file.
- What program can I use to view, edit, or create images?
- How to create a spreadsheet.
- How to create a document.
- How to create an audio file.
- How to make a batch file.
- How to create a file in MS-DOS and the Windows command line.
- How to open, create, edit, and view a file in Linux.
- How to compress or make files into one file.
- How do I create my own PDF file?
- How to create a web page.
How to save a file after it is created
After a file is created, you can use the programs save feature to save the file to your hard drive or other media.