How to open Microsoft Paint
The steps to open Microsoft Paint vary depending on the version of Windows you are running. To proceed, select your version of Windows below and follow the instructions.
- On the Windows taskbar, click the magnifying glass icon.
- In the text field at the top of the Search window, type paint.
- In the search results list, click the Microsoft Paint program or press Enter.
Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10
- Press the Windows key.
- In the Search text box, type paint.
- In the search results list, click the Paint program or press Enter.
Windows XP and older versions
- Click Start in the lower-left corner of the desktop.
- In the Start menu, click All Programs, then Accessories, and click the Paint program.
How can I open Microsoft Paint on a Mac?
If you've installed Bootcamp and Microsoft Windows on your computer, you can follow the same steps above to open Microsoft Paint.