How to hide the network cable is unplugged message
Updated: 01/24/2018 by Computer Hope
When using a wireless Internet connection, you may find the network icon with the red x in the Windows notification area distracting. To hide this icon follow the steps below.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click the Appearance and Themes icon and then Taskbar and Start Menu icon or if displaying Control panel in classic view just click the Taskbar and Start Menu icon.
- In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window click the Customize button.
- Select the Local Area Connection and choose the option to Always hide.
- Click ok and close all remaining windows.
- See our balloon, cable, and network definitions for further information and related links.
- Computer network card and network help and support.