How can I make my version of Windows a genuine version?
The fastest way to make your copy of Windows a genuine version is to run the Windows update tool on your computer that will verify the validity of your copy. If Microsoft determines your Windows operating system to be invalid, it will prompt you to activate it. Another method is to go directly to Microsoft Windows update page and follow the instructions.
To activate manually, go to the Start menu and type Activate in the find field, and then click on the Activate Windows shortcut. If activation was successful, you should see a screen similar to the example below.
- See our activate definition for further information and related links.
- Listing of Windows versions.
- How to determine the version of Windows on a computer.
- Microsoft company information and links.
- Microsoft Windows help and support.