How to save a video from Facebook to your computer
There are different methods for downloading videos from Facebook depending on who posted the video. For instance, if it's a video you've posted or if it was put up by someone else. To proceed, make the appropriate selection from the list below and follow the instructions.
Tip: If you want to download all of the videos, pictures, and posts you've made on Facebook, you can visit our page on how to download everything you've posted on Facebook.
Download a video you've posted
- Open Facebook and click the link to your profile at the top of the screen.
- On your profile page, in the top section, click More.
- At the top of the drop-down menu that appears, select Videos.
- Move your mouse cursor over the video you'd like to download, click the button, and select Download HD or Download SD.
Note: The Download HD option will only be available to select if the video was created or recorded in HD quality. If it wasn't, only the Download SD option will be available.
- Your video should appear in a new tab. Move your mouse over the video and click in the lower right-hand corner.
Download a video posted on your timeline or by other users
Note: If you're trying to download a shared video from a different online service (e.g., YouTube), see our page on how to download a video from the Internet.
- Log into Facebook and browse the video you'd like to download.
- Right-click the video and select Show video URL from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click the URL and then press Ctrl+C or right-click and select Copy from the drop-down menu.
- Open a new tab by pressing Ctrl+T.
- Paste the URL into the address bar by pressing Ctrl+V, and then press Enter.
- Replace "www" or "web" with "mbasic" in the URL and then Press Enter.
- On the next page, click the video to open it in its own window.
- Right-click the video and select Save video as... from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Choose a save location and a file name for the video, and then click the button.