How to remove DSO exploit
Often, spyware programs as Spybot show that a DSO exploit has been found in the Windows Registry. If you have all of your updates, this exploit does not need to be removed as it is no longer a threat. However, if you are running and older version of Windows or just want remove it anyway, proceed to the next section and follow the steps.
Removing DSO exploit
- Click on Start in the lower left-hand corner of your screen, or press the Windows key.
- Type Regedit into the Run or Search box and press Enter.
- In the Registry editor, open the each of the following folders to find the appropriate key.
- In the above key, there should be a value of 1004; if this value is not present, click Edit, New, DWORD Value and create the 1004 DWORD value.
- If 1004 is present, make sure the type is REG_DWORD and not REG_SZ; if it is REG_SZ, delete the 1004 value and create a new 1004 as instructed in step number four.
- Once the 1004 value has been created, double-click the value, and then enter 3 as the value name.
- Once the above has been changed, exit out of the Registry Editor and reboot the computer.