How to e-mail a folder
All modern web-based or graphical e-mail clients allow their users to attach various files to messages. If you want to attach a folder that contains one or more files, it needs to be compressed. To proceed, go through the steps in the following section.
E-mail providers limit the size of files attached to each message. If you exceed the file size limit, your message may not send.
Creating and sending a compressed folder
- Right-click any blank area on your Windows desktop.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, select New, then Folder.
- Copy and paste your desired folder's contents into the New folder (See the additional information section below if you need further instructions on this process).
- Right-click the New folder, select Sent to, and then Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Type in a name relevant to the newly compressed folder's contents and press Enter.
- Open your e-mail client of choice, and attach the folder as you would any other file.
- Fill in the recipient's e-mail address, a subject, type your message, and click Send.