How to install or uninstall the Opera browser
Opera is a popular alternative to the default browsers that come preloaded with your computer, including Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. The following sections contain steps on how to install and uninstall the Opera Internet browser.
Edge is the default Internet browser for Microsoft operating systems, and Safari is the default Internet browser for macOS.
You can also use the steps below to reinstall Opera on your computer, if needed.
- Open your Internet browser and go to the Opera download page.
- Click the Download Now button in the center of the page.
- Once the download has completed, click Run or the downloaded file itself (usually in the lower-left corner of your browser window).
- Follow the prompts to install Opera.
How to open and run Opera
Once Opera is installed, it's run like any other program installed on your computer. For example, in Microsoft Windows, click the Opera icon, or if the Opera icon is not seen, click Start and type Opera.
- Open the Control Panel or press the Windows key, type Control Panel, and press Enter.
- Under the Programs section, click the Uninstall a program link.
- Find and select the Opera program in the list.
- Click the Uninstall/Change option above the list of programs.
- When prompted, click the button.