How to delete a Google account
If you've decided to make a new account or don't use Google's services (Gmail, Drive, etc.) any longer, you may want to delete your Google account. To proceed, take a look at the read me first disclaimer, and then follow the steps in the next section.
Warning: If you delete your Google account, there are implications to consider. We highly suggest checking out the Read me first section below before proceeding.
Read me first
When you delete your Google account, you lose access to many things including:
- Your Google account name - which cannot be used again at any point.
- Access to any services that require a Google account sign in, such as YouTube, Google Play Music, and others is terminated.
- Additionally, anything you purchased (such as games or music) while using these services will no longer be available to you.
- All of your history, extensions, and information related to the Google Chrome Internet browser is deleted.
- Android phone users will lose their contact list.
Deleting a Google Account
- Sign into My Account.
- In the Account preferences box, select Delete your account or services.
- In the window that opens, select Delete Google account and data.
- Review the information on the next page, check both boxes, and then select Delete account.
- How to delete a Google+ account.
- How do I delete my Gmail account?
- How to install or uninstall the Google Chrome browser.
- How do I view, edit, and disable Google search history?
- Helpful Google tips.
- See our Google definition for further information on their other products and services.
- Internet help and support.