How to delete my Facebook account
Even though Facebook is quite popular, sometimes people want to stop using their account for one reason or another. The following process permanently deletes your Facebook account, which means it is entirely erased and removed. To proceed, follow the steps in the section below.
Again, this is a permanent process, meaning that all your photos and conversations are lost. If you think you may return to Facebook in the future, you may want to deactivate your account instead of deleting it. See: How to deactivate a Facebook account.
You can also download all your Facebook data before you delete your account to have a record of all the pictures, video, and messages you've posted. See: How to download everything you've posted on Facebook.
How to delete your Facebook account
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Access the Facebook account deletion page.
- Click the button.
- In the window that opens, enter your password, then click the button.
- Finally, click the button.
How to delete an old Facebook account if I forgot the password
Before an account can be deleted, you must be able to log into the account. If you forgot the password to the account or your password is not working, see: I forgot my Facebook password.
- How do I get my Facebook account back?
- How to make a Facebook account.
- How to delete a post, photo, or video from Facebook.
- How to delete a message or conversation from Facebook.
- How to stop people from tagging you on Facebook.
- How to block or unblock someone on Facebook.
- What does Facebook know about me?
- See our Facebook and social network pages for other related pages and information.
- Facebook help and support.