How to start a YouTube channel
Many users would like to start a YouTube channel, whether it's to broadcast their videos, or subscribe to other people's channels. The process for doing this changes depending on whether or not you have a Google Account. We recommend you create one because it is also used with many of their other services (e.g., Gmail). However, there are also steps for those who don't want a Google Account.
Creating a Google account
As we said before, we recommend creating a Google account if you don't have one. It is quick and convenient and is used with many of their other services.
- Visit the Google account creation page.
- Fill out the form on the right side of the screen.
Creating a YouTube channel with a Google account
- Go to the YouTube website and click the button in the upper-right corner.
- Use your Google account information to sign into YouTube.
- Once you've signed in, try some action that requires a channel, such as posting a video or comment on someone else's.
- You should be prompted to create a channel, click Confirm to continue.
Creating a YouTube channel without a Google account
You can make a YouTube channel without a Google account, but it's less convenient (for use with other Google services) and requires more steps.
- Go to the YouTube website and click in the upper-right corner.
- On the next screen, click the text that says Sign in with a different account.
- On the next screen, click Add account.
- Fill out the form that appears.
- Click the Next Step button.
- Verify your e-mail address by heading to that address, signing in, and clicking the link in the e-mail from Google.
If you don't see the e-mail from Google, you can click the Resend verification email link on the verification screen.