How to clear YouTube history
Unless you're using Incognito or InPrivate mode, every site you visit on the Internet is recorded by your Internet browser. YouTube doesn't record your activity on other sites, but it does record which videos you've watched on its site. If you'd like to delete your watch history on YouTube, select the appropriate option from the list below and follow the instructions in the corresponding section.
Clear watch history on YouTube website
- Go to the YouTube website and click the button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Use your Google Account information to sign into YouTube.
- Once you've signed in, click the YouTube menu button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- You should see a drop-down menu similar to the one shown in the image to the right.
- Select the History section, then click the Clear all watch history button to the right of the menu.
Tip: You can select Pause watch history to temporarily stop YouTube from keeping track of the videos you view.
Clear watch history on YouTube mobile app
- Open the YouTube app.
- If you're not signed in already, tap the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, select Sign in, and then pick an account.
- Tap the three dots again, select Settings, then History and privacy, and finally Clear watch history.
Tip: You can toggle the button next to Pause watch history to temporarily stop YouTube from keeping track of the videos you view.
Manage YouTube history settings through MyActivity
Google has released a utility called MyActivity that allows users to manage any of the history recorded when they use one of its services, such as Google Maps or the Google Search bar. To manage the history of your YouTube account, or any of Google's other services, visit our page on how to view, edit, and disable Google search history.