How to delete a YouTube video
Many users who have a YouTube account not only watch videos, but also upload videos. Whether your video list is too long, some of your content is outdated, or you don't want certain videos on your account, you can remove them. To delete a video from your YouTube account, follow the steps below.
You must own the account that was used to post the video to delete that video. If you don't own the account for the video, you can report Copyright or any of the YouTube Terms of Service violations if you are the Copyright holder.
How to delete videos from YouTube
There are two ways to delete a video from YouTube. The following section shows you both methods.
To keep your video on your account, but hide it from others, you can also set the visibility to private or unlisted. This setting allows you to control who can see the video by sharing the link, or prevent it from being seen. For help with changing the visibility, see: How to change the visibility of a YouTube video.
- Go to the YouTube website, and click in the upper-right corner (if you're not already signed in to your YouTube account).
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, click your profile image.
- In the menu, click YouTube Studio.
- On the left side of the screen, click the Videos tab.
- Check the box next to the video(s) that you want to delete, then click the down arrow next to More actions.
- Select Delete forever from the menu that appears.
- Perform steps 1-4 from the previous section.
- Move your mouse cursor over the row containing the video you'd like to delete.
- You should see a set of icons appear. Click the Options (three vertical dots) icon.
- In the menu, click Delete forever.