How do I change the icon of a Windows shortcut?
Updated: 01/05/2018 by Computer Hope
In Microsoft Windows, you can change the icon associated with a program or file shortcut, changing it to any other icon you want.
To change the icon for a program or file shortcut, follow the steps below.
- Right-click the program or file shortcut.
- In the pop-up menu, select Properties.
- On the Shortcut tab, click on the Change Icon button.
- In the Change Icon window, select the icon you want to use. If necessary, you can Browse to the location of the icon file and select it.
- After selecting the icon, click OK.