Recover deleted Facebook messages, photos, videos, or account
Deleting messages, photos, or videos on Facebook, or an entire Facebook account is a permanent process. Once one or more of these items is deleted, there is no way they can be recovered. The only exception is that when you permanently delete an account, you'll have a 14-day grace period in which you may log in to reactivate it. Otherwise, Facebook does not store backup copies of content or accounts for later retrieval.
We recommend that you archive your Facebook messages instead of deleting them. By archiving the messages, you can retrieve and view them in the future.
Photos and videos on Facebook can be stored in albums to organize them instead of deleting them. By placing them in an album, you can find and view them later.
- How do I get my Facebook account back?
- How to upload a picture or video to Facebook.
- How to delete a post, photo, or video from Facebook.
- I forgot my Facebook password.
- Facebook company information.
- See our delete and Facebook definitions for related links and information.
- Facebook help and support.