How to turn off a computer monitor
Updated: 12/30/2019 by Computer Hope
To turn off the monitor, follow the steps below.
- Look for the power button in the following locations on the monitor.
- The front of the monitor, below the screen, commonly on the bottom right corner.
- The top or bottom edge of the monitor, commonly on the top-left or bottom-right side.
- The Left or right side edge of monitor.
- Bottom center of the monitor.
When a monitor is turned on, the button or a light LED (light-emitting diode) next to the button is illuminated and should help you locate the button.
- After finding the power button, press the button to turn off the monitor. Sometimes, you may need to press and hold the power button for 2 or 3 seconds to power off the monitor. Some monitor power buttons may also only require that your finger touch and not push in on the button.
- How to turn on a computer monitor or another display.
- No input signal error message.
- My computer monitor randomly shuts off.
- See our monitor definition for further information and related links.
- Computer monitor help and support.