How to turn off monitor
Updated: 01/24/2018 by Computer Hope
If you need to turn a monitor on, you can follow the steps below. In most cases, the steps to turn off a monitor that is currently on will also turn on a powered off monitor.
To turn off the monitor, follow the steps below.
- Look for the power button in the following locations on the monitor.
- Front of monitor, below the screen, commonly on the bottom right corner.
- Top or bottom edge of monitor, commonly on the top-left or bottom-right side.
- Left or right side edge of monitor.
- After finding the power button, press the button to turn off the monitor. Sometimes, you may need to press and hold the power button for 2 or 3 seconds to power off the monitor.