How to disable, reactivate, or delete a Twitch account
Twitch is a great place to watch the some of the world's best players stream your favorite video games. However, viewers may find themselves in a position where they aren't able to utilize the service for one reason or another. The following sections contain instructions on how to disable, reactivate, or delete your Twitch account.
How to disable a Twitch account
If you aren't using your Twitch account much, but plan on doing so in the future, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the Twitch website.
- On the homepage, click the Log In button in the upper right-hand corner of the browser window.
- Once you've signed in, click the menu icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select Settings.
- On the Settings screen, click on the Disable Account link at the bottom of the page.
- On the next screen, type in your username and password, then click the Disable Account button.
How to reactivate a Twitch account
If you're looking to reactivate a disabled account after a break from using Twitch, follow the steps below.
- Go to Twitch's customer support page.
- Fill out all of the required fields; your entries should look similar to those in the image below. Then, click the SEND EMAIL button.
- You should receive and e-mail in a few business days containing instructions on how to reactivate your account.
How to delete a Twitch account
At this time, Twitch does not allow users to fully delete their accounts, but only disable them. We will update this information if the option to delete an account becomes available in the future.
- How to sign up for a Twitch account.
- How to manage your friends on Twitch.
- How to follow or subscribe to a Twitch streamer's channel.
- How to sign up for Twitch Prime using an Amazon account.
- See our Twitch definition for further information and related links.
- Internet help and support.