How to allow pop-ups in Chrome
Pop-ups are generally unwanted in your web browser because they are often advertisements or malware. For this reason, many web browsers disable them by default. However, pop-ups sometimes have legitimate uses and may be necessary on certain websites. Below are the steps on how to allow pop-ups in Google Chrome.
- In the upper-right corner, click the icon.
- Select settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the button.
- Under the Privacy and Security section, click Content settings.
- Select Pop-ups and redirects.
To allow all pop-ups
To allow all pop-ups, click the slider next to Blocked (recommended) so that it is in the on position.
To allow pop-ups from specific websites
In the Allow section, click the button. Then, type or paste the URL of the website for which you'd like to allow pop-ups.
Chrome settings pages
You can also copy and paste the following Chrome settings addresses into your Chrome browser to open the exact Chrome page in your browser.
- Chrome Settings: chrome://settings
- Chrome Pop-up Settings: chrome://settings/content/popups
In the Chrome Pop-up Settings, you can view all your pop-up settings, including which pages you allow and those that are blocked.
- How to install or uninstall the Google Chrome browser.
- See our pop-up definition for related links and information.
- Google Chrome help and support.