How to view saved browser passwords
Many popular Internet browsers provide users the ability to save login information, such as a username and password. Saving your login information can simplify the log in process for frequently visited websites. Below are methods for retrieving saved information in a few of the most popular Internet browsers.
Viewing saved passwords in Chrome
- Select your profile icon found in the top-right corner of the window.
- Select Passwords.
- Select the eyeball icon next to your desired account password.
- Enter your computer's password to view the saved password.
Viewing saved passwords in Microsoft Edge
- Press the Windows key, type the Credential Manager, and then press Enter.
- Select Web Credentials under Manage your credentials.
- Select the Show link next to your desired password.
- Enter your Microsoft password to view the saved password.
Viewing saved passwords in Safari
- Select Safari from the menu bar.
- Select Preferences.
- Open the Passwords tab.
- Double click your desired password.
- Enter the password for your Mac to view the password.
Viewing saved passwords in Firefox
- Click the menu button found in the top-right corner of the window.
- Select Options.
- Open the Privacy and security menu.
- Under the Logins & Passwords section, select Saved logins.
- Select Show passwords to view the passwords.